Maclaren Warner

The Court of Protection

If a family member becomes mentally incapable of managing their own affairs, whether it be through an old age related disease such as Dementia or Alzheimer's, or because of an accident, it is often necessary for someone to apply to the Public Guardianship Office to be appointed as their deputy. This means that someone will be legally entitled to manage that person's finance and property matters.

Deciding which legal route to take when you are faced with a situation where someone needs help is not easy and specialist legal advice should be sought.

Different solutions do exist and one of our specialist solicitors can help you to determine whether the Court of Protection or a Lasting Power of Attorney is the most suitable route.

It is often the case with diseases such as Alzheimer's and Dementia that the person involved will have fluctuating mental capaccontact usity, good days and bad. In these cases we may seek medical advice to help determine the best solution.

Here at Maclaren Warner solicitors we have a great deal of experience in helping people to deal with the Court of Protection. Whether you simply need help with the application, or you need more involved help managing the person's affairs, we can help.

Contact Us

Telephone numbers:

Stapleford 0115 939 5252
Ilkeston 0115 930 4994
Eastwood 01773 713 846

Email addresses:
(Click name to email).